Coconut Date Macaroons satisfy sweet cravings without sacrificing your waistline
“These macaroons are proof that healthy eating doesn’t have to be bland, boring or depriving!” This is how Jessica Procini, a Weight Loss Coach from Philadelphia, PA, described these tasty treats made with just three ingredients: dates, banana and unsweetened coconut.
Each season presents its own challenges to those trying to lose weight or just eat healthily. Right now, you might find yourself constantly tempted by Easter candy in stores or the ice cream stands that seem to pop up on every corner. It might seem futile to resist, but don’t despair. Believe it or not, there are healthy ways to treat yourself. This simple recipe for coconut macaroons is one of Jessica’s favorites…
Coconut Date Macaroons:
- 8 dates (soak for 30 minutes before beginning)
- 1 medium banana, cut into quarters
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Dry outside of dates and remove pits, cutting dates into quarters.
- Place dates and banana in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Remove from blender and mix with coconut in a medium sized bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough at a time and roll into small balls.
- Place dough balls on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Makes approximately 18 macaroons.